Davidstow wild garlic frittata
A true taste of spring that makes the perfect light lunch. Cooked with mature aged 12-month-old Davidstow cheddar this frittata works really well with grassy flavoured asparagus, pungent wild garlic and earthy new potatoes. Serve with a colourful side salad and some pink onions for an acidic note to cut through our creamy cheese omelette.
• 4 large eggs
• 2 spears of asparagus, sliced
• 2 new potatoes, thinly sliced
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 handful of wild garlic, roughly chopped
• 100g Davidstow Classic cheddar, grated
• 25g butter
For the side salad:
• 1 chicory
• 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
• handful of rocket
• 1 tbsp pink pickled onions
1. Start by preheating your grill and then make your frittata mix. In a large bowl beat your eggs and mix in your vegetables, wild garlic and half the grated cheese.
2. In a frying pan melt your butter and add your cheesy egg mixture. Then stir a few times and allow to settle in the pan.
3. Cook on a high heat for 3-4 mins then top with remaining grated cheese. Next transfer the pan under your grill.
4. Cook until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
5. Serve the frittata with salad and a pinch of chopped wild garlic leaves to garnish.
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Classic cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow Quiche Lorraine
This is our classic Quiche Lorraine recipe with plenty of Davidstow Crackler to add depth of flavour. A homemade quiche is the perfect summer picnic food and it’s worth the effort. Remember Taste Takes Time…
Davidstow smoked haddock tart
Our beloved Crackler works wonderfully with robust flavours. For this recipe we’ve paired it with smoked haddock for a homely but delicious summer tart. Try adding watercress to the recipe or some smoked salmon for extra colour.
Davidstow cheddar & apple tart
This is an ideal way to serve our Davidstow Crackler, for a recipe that is quick and easy to make. An open tray bake with extra mature cheddar providing the savoury profile to work with sweet apple, subtle metallic notes from watercress and earthy walnut.