Davidstow cheese & mushroom crepes
These Breton inspired crepes are delicious for breakfast or a light lunch. They are rich and decadent whilst also tasting light and well balanced. The earthy mushrooms and chopped herbs work wonderfully with our creamy classic 12 month cheddar.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Easy
For the Crepes:
• 150g Plain Flour
• 2 Eggs
• 350ml Milk
• 2 Tbsp Butter for frying
• 1 tsp Sea Salt
For the filling:
• 200g Mushrooms
• 1 Tbsp Salted Butter
• 1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
• 1/2 Lemon, juice & zest.
• 150g 12 month Davidstow Cheddar.
• Fresh Dill / Parsley
1. Add the flour to a mixing bowl and make a hole in the middle for the eggs.
2. Crack in the eggs and stir in with a little of the milk. Then add the milk little by little, stirring into an even smooth batter.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the batter and give it a stir. Set the batter aside for 20 mins in the fridge.
4. In a frying pan, add the butter with the mushrooms, roughly chopped and cook for around 5 minuted until soft, still with some bite, then add the lemon juice and sweet paprika along with a good seasoning of salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest before serving.
5. Cook the crepes in a medium heat pan greased with butter for around 1 minute each side until golden and slightly crispy.
6. Serve folded with the mushrooms and plenty of grated Davidstow Cheddar, finally sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs.
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Classic cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow cheese and onion pasty
This is our Cornish cheese and onion pasty that celebrates the classic combination of matured cheddar and aromatic allium
Davidstow cheese ploughmans
Add some Cornish charm to your ploughman’s with our Davidstow Crackler cheese. It is complex and creamy but with a crumbly texture like the rugged north coasts of Cornwall.
Davidstow Cornish Rarebit
This is the ultimate grilled cheese recipe with a Cornish twist on the traditional rarebit. We’ve used a bottle of local Doombar and some wholegrain mustard to complement our Classic 12 month cheddar.