Cheese & Herb Twists
These cheese twists are perfect for the whole family but taste so much better than you may remember as a child. The mature tang of aged cheddar works with the sweet shallot, spring onions and bright chive. It’s a simple flavour combination of allium and cheese that is a timeless classic.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Skill level: Easy
• 400g Puff pastry sheet
• 100g 12th Classic Davidstow cheddar, grated
• 2 spring onions, finely diced
• 1 shallot, finely diced
• 1tbsp chopped chives
1. Preheat your oven to 200˚C and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone matt. Slice your puff pastry into 1 inch width strips and sprinkle the top of all the pastry with your cheese and onion mix.
2. Twist your topped pastry carefully to form tight spirals of cheese filled pastry and arrange neatly on your baking tray.
3. Bake for 20 mins until golden brown. Serve warm or allow to cool as an eye-catching addition to a cheeseboard.
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Reserve cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
An impressive cheeseboard is easy to put together with a bit of knowledge and care. Here are our top tips to ensure your cheeseboard rounds off festivities in the perfect manner
Davidstow rosemary & cheese scones
Our Davidstow twist on a classic cream tea. This West Country favourite has real depth of flavour from Crackler grated into the cheesy scones, with lemon and rosemary.